Hello everyone! I found this tag as I was blog surfing(randomly) and thought it might be fun!I tag you ALL! :) Thanks for reading*
1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup? I was in middle school, so around 12 or 13 probably. Not much at that time, just eye shadow, mascara and lip gloss. In high school was when I started wearing foundation, eye liner, etc.
2. How did you get into makeup? If you know my mom, then you know how I got into makeup. My mom will not leave the house without a full face of make up on, and has been like that for as long as I've known her...hehe! It just kind of came natural after seeing her do it daily.
3. What are some of your favorite brands? E.L.F, Covergirl, Maybelline-- Mostly all drug store. I own very few high end products.
4. What does makeup mean to you?Oh gosh, makeup means a TON for me. I have bad acne (refer to last blog post) so for me, makeup makes helps me feel better about myself because it helps me cover up scars and blemishes. It's also a fun way to be creative! Lastly, it helps enhance your natural beauty. I am a firm believer in "natural beauty." I do not believe everyone should wear "a pound" of makeup everyday, but a little makeup every now and then, goes a long way!
5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be? Moisturizer, Foundation(Revlon Colorstay), Mascara(Maybelline Define-a-Lash Waterproof), & The Tarte cheek and lip stain.
6. What is your favorite thing about makeup? Makeup is so fun, and lets you be creative in so many different ways! It is also a confidence booster for me, because it helps me cover up scaring I would otherwise be self conscious of.
7. What do you think about drugstore makeup vs high end makeup? I think most high end makeup (in my opinion) is a rip off. I do not own very much, but what I do own (Urban Decay, Tarte, Too Faced, Sephora) is very "doupeable." I think Covergirl eye shadow is just as good as Urban Decay, etc. I could go on all day, but I don't waste my money on high end makeup because the drug store has all the makeup I could need, for my daily makeup routine!
8. What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner? YOUTUBE!! haha...But really, watching someone apply makeup is very helpful for me. You could tell me "apply this to your crease," but watching someone do it is much more helping. Also, don't go overboard. Start out small and then work your way to bigger and better things! :)
9. What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube?I think it is a very helpful place! I have bought (and not bought) things that I have watched reviews about. I also blame YouTube for my makeup addiction! LOL!
10. What is one makeup trend you never understood? Well, this is not a trend, I just never got into it. LIP LINER! I have never understood why someone would want to line their lips, and have a big ring around it(yes, I'm exaggerating). I am a lip stick and lip gloss kind of girl. No lip liner for me!