Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 11, 2011

NYX Haul/Review

Hello everyone!
As some of you probably did, I placed an order with NYX when they had that coupon sent out to the people who could not order from their "big sale." I say it in "quotes" because I don't actually know anyone that got to take advantage of the sale. Anyways, the coupon was for 50% off the entire website (excluding a few things) + free shipping! I only own a few NYX products, so I thought I would take advantage of it! I placed my order on May 21st, and received my package June 9th. Shipping took about 3 weeks...very lengthy in my opinion, but I also understand that they had a large amount of orders to process. My order total was $24.25. ON TO THE GOODS!
L-R: Jumbo eyeshadow pencil in French Fries $4.50, HD Concealer Wand in Light $5.50, Doll Eye Mascara in Black $9, Mega Shine lip gloss in LaLa $5.50, Eye & Lip makeup remover $8.00, Slim Eye Pencil in Brown $3.50. TOP L-R: Concealer in a jar in Fair $5.50, Eye shadow base in Skin Tone $7. (Original prices listed)
My eye; products from NYX used: Concealer wand under eye, eye shadow base all over, jumbo eye pencil on lid, slim eye pencil on top lash line, doll eye mascara on top and bottom lashes.
The list of products I bought.


Swatches Top-Bottom: Jumbo Eye Pencil in French Fries, Eyeliner (Slim eye pencil) in Brown, Mega Shine Lip Gloss in LaLa.




I absolutely love EVERYTHING I ordered *except the Eyeliner (Slim eye pencil). The only reason I don't like it is for a personal reason; its not dark enough. When I wear a brown eyeliner on the top lash line, I want it to be dark. I know in the swatch it looks dark, but you can probably tell by looking at the picture of my eye, that it doesn't even look like I'm wearing eyeliner on the top lash line. Also, I would not repurchase the Eye & Lip Make Up remover because it is $8.00 for 2.8 fl oz. The product it self works great, just kind of pricy!

My Favorites: I think when I post a haul and/or review I will try to narrow it down to my top 3 favorites. 1 being my #1 fave. I would have to say my #1 favorite product from this haul is the Mega Shine Lip Gloss in LaLa! I know the swatch makes it look VERY pink, but on your lips it just adds a hint of pink, a little sheen, and a lot of shine! I put it over a darker lip stick today and it really made my lips shine, without over doing it! 
My #2 favorite is the Doll Eye Mascara! This mascara really does make your lashes have some volume! I have lashes that grow "straight" out and they are very sparse (I don't have many). I believe this mascara did a great job at volumizing my lashes. My lashes did not feel hard or brittle after wearing it for a while, and it did not flake! 
My #3 favorite is the HD concealer wand! It really brightened up my eyes nicely and concealed my dark circles! 
I also wanted to mention, I wore all of this makeup for 10 hours straight and it has GREAT staying power!

Overall I am very pleased with my NYX order! I wish there was a place around me that sold their cosmetics. Please leave me some feedback either on here, my facebook, or my twitter letting me know if you liked this haul/review and would like to see more. Also, if you have any tips that would be great as well!

 *Thanks so much for reading<3*

-Disclaimer: All of the products were purchased by me. All opinions are my own. 


4 comments:

  1. Great post! I agree about the slim eyeliner pencil; I have the same one and was not too impressed either.
    Looking forward to reading more of your blog :-)
    I'd love it if you checked out my blog, and enter my birthday giveaway for the LE Wet n Wild "Go For The Gold" collection!



    http://bellaglambrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The French Fries color looks awesome with your eyes! I have a slim eyeliner pencil, too and I wasn't terribly impressed, either. The color is okay but the product is so hard that I feel like I have to tug my eyelid to get it to work! So glad you like the LaLa lipgloss :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul hon! I love the swatches, especially Lala.

    Also, I just wanted to drop by to say hello, check out your blog, and of course thank you for entering my giveaway. I really appreciate it.

    PS. I'm a new follower! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wanna try that doll eye mascara but haven't heard too much on it. Glad too see you like it! I will have too try it out now =)

    ReplyDelete